1. Company description :
Our partner is a social circus that was founded in Cape Town in 1992, to inspire young people and help build a new culture of peaceful coexistence in South Africa. Working with a diverse community of children from all backgrounds, they help kids to ‘dare to dream’ and learn to make those dreams a reality. Their mission is to take “ordinary” kids (including “youth-at-risk”) and provide them with the resources to develop skills, through the medium of Circus Arts, that will develop them as young leaders, good citizens, ambassadors for South Africa, and make them eminently employable.
2. Position description :
The company is currently seeking an intern/volunteer to assume the role of Communication Coordinator. The successful applicant will be responsible for all daily communication functions that occur within the organisation, as well as strengthening the organisation’s brand and image through coordinated communication.
- Assist in the development of communications plans for various projects;
- Lead the development of content, based on project briefs;
- Ensure flawless communication;
- Submit drafts for review and approval;
- Implement communication plan;
- Develop content in line with brief;
- Liaise with key stakeholders for effective implementation;
- Archive all final communication content;
- Assist in the development of the communications marketing strategy;
- Monitor and ensure adherence to organisation SOPs within the business.
3. Requirements :
- Communication or relevant qualification;
- Great organisational skills ;
- Communication skills in person and electronic ;
- Ability to prioritise and multitask under pressure ;
- Willing to work a flexible schedule;
- Knowledge of NGO sector
- Be both independent and a team player;
- Demonstrate integrity and good ethics;
- Common sense and a sense of humour;
- Problem solving attitude.