As an intern in the motherl city, you will have the opportunity to visit and discover so many things!
At the end you’ll have this feeling that you belong to Cape Town and didn’t have enough time to see everythings !
For you, the team InternAfrika prepared a selection listing what you can’t miss to be the most efficient as possible from the beginning !
Eat, go shopping and enjoy Cape Town atmosphere :
- Start Your Saturday with one of the many Market in Cape Town. Your choice of food is wide : Ethiopian, Italian, South African, Spanish… Eat what you want depending on your humor. Our favourite is the Oranjezicht City Farm Market, perfect to do your weekly market and to relax in the outdoor seatings.
- Having a walk in Waterfront decks, the place to be ! Always animated, Cape Town artists make shows on the street in the middle of the curious crowd. View to Table Mountain from there is like nowhere, see this mountain between the masts of the boats is something wonderful and special. From the dock, you could go to the V&A Waterfront, one the biggest mall in Cape Town where you’ll find all what you need.
- Enjoy a Wine Testing around Stellenbosch, this place teem with wine farm all more beautiful than the other. You will have the opportunity to try the tasty wine of our region. We advise youMarianne, Peter Falke and Babylonstoren for the beauty of the garden !
- Eat a delicious burger at Royale Eatery and benefits of the inner city atmosphere. Long street is the best place for that. After the dinner, plenty of bars give you access to the mood you need. In summer you’ll see a street full of people who wants to party together !
- Rooftops in Cape Town : Tjing Tjing, The vue, Waiting room… Eat or have a drink in one of the rooftops that overhang the city. There is something for everyone: Chinese food, Snacks, Night Clubs …
- Live a First Thursday in Cape Town and have a drink in galleries, shops, restaurants and boutiques in the city centre until 9pm on the first Thursday of every month. Usually people of Cape Town make an appointment to spend an evening in an amazing atmosphere. Later, you’ll also see lot of people partying together around the famous french DJ at La Parada in Bree Street.
Make sports and enjoy the beauty of the mother city :
- Try one of the local surf spot, Cape Town is an amazing city to try, learn and improve your surf level. There is plenty of surf spots that permit you to enjoy this summer sport almost every day of the year ! If you are afraid and you don’t want to try you could just relax on the beach having a look at the wave and admire Cape Town surfers.
- Get a 360° view of Cape Town for the sunset. For those who are physically able, there is the possibility to make a 45 minutes amazing hike to reach the top of Lion’s head. Once at the top, wait for the sunset, you will not be disappointed.
Travel around Cape Town :
- Experience the Garden Route : starting from Cape Town, this a famous road trip extending alongside the South Coast of South Africa. You’ll need few days to finish it but you’ll live amazing experience like seeing ostrich farm, make a safari at Addo Elephant Park, drive along wonderful roads or even surf at Jeffrey’s bay for the most experiment ones. It is also an opportunity to meet and share with travelers like you in one of many backpackers you’ll stay.
- Visit the Peninsula :the point the most in the South West of Africa. You’ll not only see that famous sign where a lot of people take pictures but you’ll pass through beautiful landscape and see wildlife animals : seals in Hout Bay, penguins in Simon’s Town and ostrich and baboons in the National Park. The phares at the end of the point allows you to have an almost 360° seaview in the Antarctica Ocean.